View All Sally Beauty Supply JobsSally Beauty Supply
We are currently seeking an Industrial Engineer to join our growing team! The coordinator supports various processes across the domestic and international Distribution Networks. Assists in establishing/revising engineering and quality methods to increase efficiency and effectiveness by optimizing the use of people, process, and technology to achieve service excellence and execution. Supports the project design, analysis, and installation of warehouse technologies and Distribution System upgrades.
- Responsible for investigating problems, generating recommendations, and implementing solutions based on the use of analytical tools.
Analyzes and develops standards, time and motion studies, statistical analysis and manpower planning to improve productivity and service level.
- Special Projects as assigned for business acquisitions, facility start-ups, international integration, and network consolidation.
- Recommend methods form improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials, such as reorganizing workflow, relocating equipment, and restructuring job duties.
- Develop and or improve work methods, processes, ergonomic workstation designs and documented process methods.
- Participates in project meetings throughout the project lifecycle. Makes recommendations about the deployment in production of a project and ensure the new system is ready to be deployed. Follows projects/changes post go-live to ensure the performance in production is consistent with the solution that was tested (benchmarking responsibilities).
- Responsible for supporting development of Testing strategy including vision, scope, model and the individual platform testing strategies and methodologies within IT including but not limited to ERP, BI and custom development.
- Responsible for generating QA reports and for establishing processes to meet or exceed QA standards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel to the Distribution Centers both Domestic and International
- Practical experience with a Warehouse Management System including inquiry and report writing
- Excellent oral skills including oral presentations in front of large warehouse groups
- Written communication skills including financial and operational reports
- Good working knowledge of all classical IE techniques including methods improvement, time and motion study, process development, warehousing concepts, and work standard programs
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills, task and detail oriented, ability to communicate with all levels of organization, and work as a team player
- Plan and complete projects with minimal supervision
- We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complimentary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount, an onsite CosmoProf store with a 20% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-4 years’ experience in high volume Distribution Center Environment
- Experience with AutoCAD to develop facility layout
- BS Industrial Engineering or related degree from accredited school, a Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business is a plus
Company: Sally Beauty Supply
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A