View All Sally Beauty Supply JobsSally Beauty Supply
- We are inviting applications for our Director Distribution role. SBH is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to lead the Jacksonville, Florida Distribution Center teams while remaining dedicated to our mission and cultural values. This position reports to the Company’s Vice President Distribution and Logistics, and has significant interaction with leaders across the organization.
- Responsible for all Operational and Financial aspects of the distribution center including budgeting and budget performance, work schedule planning, directing and coordinating the receipt, storage, sortation and distribution of beauty products, supplies, returns, transfers, special orders, show orders, deal breaks, and store fixtures. Ensures the accuracy, timeliness, cost effectiveness and DOT/FAA compliance of product movement for all customer and/or store orders.
- Maintains accurate, efficient and current “shipping” status.
- Prepares budget and maintains efficient cost control by operating within the operational budget set for the distribution center. Ensures the accuracy, timeliness, cost effectiveness and DOT/FAA compliance of product movement for all customer and/or store orders.
- Maintains accurate inventories. Performs cycle counts and/or conduct an annual physical inventory, control and minimize inventory shrink.
- Ensures the integrity of all warehouse inventories with compliance to all ICC rules and policies.
- Provides a safe, healthy and secure work environment for employees by continually addressing all ergonomic and security issues.
- Assists in Warehouse Management System development/upgrades.
- Works with Merchandising on vendor Purchase Order discrepancies.
- Assists Transportation Manager to achieve lowest possible freight cost for a specified service level.
- Provides a positive workplace environment in order to maintain a union free environment.
- Maintains accurate, efficient and current “receiving” status.
- Develops and maintains training; educational programs and career advancement opportunities for employees. Accountable for employee relation concerns including payroll, recruiting, performance reviews, policy communication and enforcement, and conflict resolution.
- Ensures good communications with customers, field and corporate office.
- Written communication skills including financial and operational reports
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs
- Excellent oral skills including oral presentations in front of large warehouse groups
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma, Bachelors Degree in a Business-Related Field preferred
- 5 years of direct management experience in a high volume distribution center
- Practical experience with a Warehouse Management System including inquiry and report writing
- Experience performing in a goal setting environment
Company: Sally Beauty Supply
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A