View All Sally Beauty Supply JobsSally Beauty Supply
The Area Manager will be responsible for driving sales and profit growth by leading a team that enables associates to put the Customers first in our Stores. Hire and develop a proactive team that is accountable and delivers a shopping environment that meets or exceeds customer expectations, ensures effective execution of Company merchandising and operational plans, and achieves sales and profit objectives. Manages expenses to meet or exceed profit objectives. Additionally, directs all the assigned activities of assigned Stores within a District, averaging 5 plus Stores, and reports any opportunities to the District Manager. Accountable for P/L performance of assigned stores.
- Provides leadership to deliver the customer experience to ensure an excellent customer experience to maximize sales and customer loyalty in assigned stores. Develops customer-focused associates through coaching. Understands the competitive landscape by observing and studying other companies to learn about current initiatives/strategies shares information with their District Manager.
- Assesses assigned Store Managers, and Store Managers II, to determine talent opportunities and impact on store performance. Consistently engages direct reports in discussions regarding their own strengths to leverage and opportunities to develop while leveraging IDP. Ensures that the Store Managers engage and develop their teams
- Monitors controllable expenses in their assigned stores to maintain acceptable levels while minimizing adverse effects on store operations.
- Indirectly responsible for maintaining minimum shrink.
- Embodies and articulates the vision of the brand. Maintain, improve and uphold the Sally Beauty brand so that it is associated with positive results. Lead/Manage team that continually have a focus on our brand to drive customer satisfaction, in-store presentation, and competition resulting in higher sales products associated with our brand.
- Knowledge of inventory management strategies
- Thorough knowledge of selection of top candidate, sourcing and education
- Requires specialty retail or trade knowledge, problem solving and driving associate engagement
- Understanding of assigned store capabilities and growth potentials
- Understanding the customers’ merchandise preferences and store variables
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and control
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and quantify market trends
- Incumbents in this position must be willing and able to relocate as assigned.
- Prior business, management, and merchandising experience
- Thorough knowledge of merchandising techniques and systems, including sales promotion activities of the Stores
- Ability to communicate effectively
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 plus years in similar or related tasks.
- College degree preferred.
Company: Sally Beauty Supply
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A