The API position assists District Asset Protection Managers with controlling loss and shrink by performing Asset Protection related activities, investigations and monitoring Asset Protection related policies and programs. Provides a safe and secure store environment for employees, customers and vendors.
- Monitor the checkout area of the store for consumer fraud, associate dishonesty and compliance with proper cash handling and cash register policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate organized and timely case completion and reporting.
- Establish positive partnerships with store personnel to assist in maintaining an atmosphere of ethical behavior.
- Prepare and maintain proper documentation of investigations using AP’s report writing standards.
- Demonstrate ability to interview individuals, collect statements, collect and review supporting documents, according to AP policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate working partnership with law enforcement.
- Demonstrate working partnership with LR/HR, District Managers and Operations.
- Conduct investigations at the direction and oversight of the District Asset Protection Manager (DAPM).
- Ability to travel when needed or as directed.
- Demonstrate proficiency with CCTV review, retrieval and reporting proficiency.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills. Ability to understand and follow instructions, deal with potentially difficult situations effectively and assertively.
- Ability to analyze transactions recorded on cash registers and other point-of-sales equipment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain proper documentation for all interviews and investigations (case building).
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to move quickly in case of emergencies.
- Ability to work as a team player and understand and accept instructions and to communicate with co-workers and the public.
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Functions: Health Care Provider
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A