Website Royal Mail
- When you think of jobs at Royal Mail, the first thing you might think of is the postal workers who deliver mail to your home day in, day out. From exam results and tax returns, to wedding invites or online purchases, joining Royal Mail gives you the opportunity to deliver much more than mail. It allows you the chance to deliver smiles and successes; new toys and old memories – making a real impact in the heart of your community, while working for one of the UK’s most well-loved brands.
- Delivering mail and parcels to houses and businesses within a set area. You’ll be the face of Royal Mail in your local community, and work flexible hours to deliver the outstanding levels of service our customers have come to expect.
- Much of your day will be spent driving and collecting mail from post-boxes, post offices and business customers at prearranged times.
- You’ll be given a hand-held computer device to capture customer signatures for deliveries.
- You will take the mail to processing centres where it will be prepared for the next stage in its journey; you will unload and sort your mailbags, ensuring they get to the right operating lines, supporting the Mail Centre to process efficiently.
- Upbeat and self-motivated, you’ll be as happy working alone as you will be working as part of a team and getting to know the different people on your round.
- You’ll have a strong sense of community and the idea of doing a job that involves flexible shift patterns will appeal.
- We deliver mail come rain or shine, so we’re looking for people who like being outdoors whatever the weather, and because there is walking involved in every round, you’ll also be someone who likes the idea of doing a job that will help you keep fit.
- Some experience in a customer facing role would be ideal.
- A full UK manual driving license (in your current UK address), with no more than 6 penalty points is essential but ideally a clean licence is preferred.
- Please note you will be required to show this at assessment.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Distribution
Job Location: Luton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A