Website Royal Mail
Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions are looking for an electrically biased Multi Skilled Engineer to join our Facilities Maintenance Team. This is a residential role based our North West Midlands Mail Centre
- Manage the delivery of Corrective and Planned Maintenance to meet the performance measures detailed in the contract.
- Check and ensure all appropriate and approved paperwork is completed.
- Have an understanding of all basic plumbing such as replacing taps, sinks, cistern filling / flush units and heating elements
- Maintenance of electrical systems on numerous commercial sites
- Make personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve cost, quality and contractual objectives
- Provide technical advice and guidance to other staff and customers in order to resolve problems.
- Expert fault finding and providing advice and guidance to customers in relation to equipment such as roller shutter doors and dock levellers.
- Supply knowledge in a range of technical situations, making personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve quality, cost and time objectives
- Liaise with customers’ representatives on a day to day basis to ensure customer requirements are fully met.
- Act as a role model for safety, setting an example to colleagues and customers
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, explaining technical issues.
- Applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence (no endorsements preferable) as this vacancy will involve travel within a specified geographical area.
- The applicant must have full electrical qualification of City and Guilds 2382 & 2391 testing and inspection certification.
- The role holder must have planned maintenance experience of electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience of dealing with Customers in a commercial environment.
- Experience in fault finding and diagnosis with the ability to provide advice and guidance to others across all systems where required.
- Computer literacy skills an advantage
- Ideally you will be IPAF and MEWP trained and qualified, and be comfortable working at heights.
- Successful applicants must hold an Electrical certification such as the 18th Edition.
- The ability to analyse and understand complex technical issues in relation to electrical systems
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wolverhampton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A