Website Royal Mail
As Delivery Office Manager, you’ll be accountable for the management of a Delivery Office, coordinating a team to efficiently sort, prepare and deliver the mail.
- It’s a role where people come first, in every sense. You’ll be a champion of health and safety, protecting your people while also giving them the support to reach their potential. Succeeding in this environment is all about listening and adapting.
- We need people who can work as a partner with all kinds of stakeholders, including union representatives to ensure everybody gets the most out of their time at Royal Mail.
- You’ll collaborate closely with your team and Delivery Line Manager to hit a range of financial and efficiency targets; all working together to help millions of deliveries reach customers across the UK.
- You’ll also be able to contribute a lot to the business too, helping us to adapt to a more tech-focused way of working. You’ll keep a close eye on how your budget and resources are used, making the most of everything at your disposal to achieve results and keep costs down for the customers.
- The delivery office can be very fast paced, so it’s up to you to ensure processes are understood and followed to keep standards high, even during peak times.
- We know that great ideas can come from anywhere. As you get close to your team and understand each operation, you’ll also spot opportunities for optimisation, you’ll be supported to share your ideas and implement changes.
- Leadership Focus: Ensures the basics are right, takes a ‘one company’ approach, creates positive energy, implements strategy, takes account of relevant issues. Uses platforms to recognise superstars, appeals to both the heart and the brain when communicating.
- People Focus: Understands the value of diversity & inclusion, uses delegation, coaching, empowerment and feedback, identifies and developing talent, collaborates, takes time to know and understand others needs and perspectives, ensures a supportive environment where achievements are recognised.
- Resilience Focus: Is approachable, provides re-assurance to others, agile in adapting to new challenges, communicates regularly and informally, deals with ambiguity, is positive and realistic even under pressure.
- Achievement Focus: Ensures ‘best day every day’ by implementing standards of excellence, asks questions of others, shares learning, provides guidance. Builds confident teams using a coaching style and ensures others are held accountable. Uses resources to ensure delivery. Keeps promises. Is trusted by teams and colleagues.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A