Website Royal Mail
We are now recruiting for a Engineering Team Coach, on the night shift, to start at our new parcel hub in Warrington in early 2022.
- As the Engineering Team Coach on the night shift, you will assist in the safe running of the automated equipment, and that the configuration status of hardware and software is managed, ensuring that the team adhere to our Health & Safety Policy guidelines.
- You will oversee a shift of engineers, providing technical leadership and guidance, driving performance, identifying any automation issues and ensuring maintenance is completed by your operational colleagues. This is a challenging role and will require interaction with the highly skilled team, including Shift Manager and Operational colleagues.
- You will be experienced in both electrical and mechanical disciplines, working alongside the Shift Manager and the Operational Team, identifying any maintenance requirements or modifications, including the configuration status of hardware/software and mechanical set up, and that it is up to date.
- We are looking for a self-motivated colleague, who is proactive with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as a team or alone when required.
- In this hands on role, you will be required to lead, coach and develop the engineering team on a day-to-day basis, supporting and advising where required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of leading the effective usage of automation spares, including the monitoring of data input and cost, through the extensive use of stock inventory systems and maintenance management systems
- Experience of delivering engineering maintenance to defined standards whilst leading, supporting and developing a competent engineering workforce in a cost effective manner and ensuring compliance and conformity to safety legislation at all times driving safety culture.
- Experience of providing, planning and delivering technical coaching and automation training to engineers in a technical environment
- Hold a recognised technical qualification at Level 3 NVQ/BTEC or higher in an engineering discipline. Preferably electrical/mechanical multi-skilled engineer.
- Experience of leading and coordinating the implementation of maintenance techniques to ensure that the asset performance, safety and availability design criteria is achieved at all times
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A