Website Royal Mail
- The Royal Mail Technology team is passionate about delivering high-quality products and outstanding digital experiences to our customers. Cutting edge technology is fundamental and key in helping us achieve our objective to be recognised as the best delivery company in both the UK and across Europe.
- Our award-winning Technology team is at the heart of delivering a transformational journey at Royal Mail. The traditional letters business is declining, but our recent performance and the growth in parcels demonstrates that there is an opportunity for Royal Mail that we can capture, but we need to move quickly. By joining Royal Mail you will be helping to implement meaningful change, pushing forward with our transformation to become a more agile and even more customer focused business, while delivering more innovation, products and services for our customers. You will be working for a brand that’s a household name and a critical part of the UK’s infrastructure.
- Develop the project blueprint received from Transformation/Enterprise Architects into solution designs as business needs are clarified, escalating and agreeing deviation from blueprint.
- Ensuring that the solutions being designed and developed provide a consensus-based solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronisation with changing business needs.
- Prepare the solution architecture design; ensuring adherence to requirements, design principles and target vision for the overall solution.
- Making efficient and effective use of technology; matching current and foreseeable requirements
- Taking responsibility for outlining the solution architecture and governing its implementation through delivery.
- Develop technology specifications and leverage existing technologies to ensure new technology solutions are designed for optimal business use.
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design solutions that meet business requirements, considering scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, flexibility, availability and manageability.
- Ensure solution designs and implementations are aligned to the overall Royal Mail Architecture.
- Ensure process, application, data and technology architecture are aligned.
- Partner with Business Analysts to provide technical oversight to ensure IT solutions meet end user needs.
- Identify the technologies to employ, taking responsibility for the assurance and governance of supplier solutions.
- Review and govern designs from our partners and suppliers to ensure adherence to Royal Mail standards and best practices.
- Basic understanding about Big Data and Analytics
- Good understanding of DevOps tools and methods
- Relevant industrial / sectors, such as; Postal (National/International), Distribution, Logistics, Warehouse Management,
- Retail, Machine Automation.
- Knowledge and experience of enterprise wide systems architectures.
- Practical experience of planning, designing and implementing applications and data in a complex distributed environment.
- REST API, JSON, XML, XSD, SOAP, File Transfers (SFTP/FTPS).
- API and microservice architecture
- Programming language experience such as Java, .Net
- LowCode development or similar tools.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of transformation from Waterfall to Agile delivery methodologies.
- Experience of migrating from On-premise to Cloud technologies.
- Experience in systems delivery; analysis, design, implementation, testing and support.
- Demonstrable experience in planning, architecture, high level design and implementation of one or more of the following aspects of solution architecture: Services, Applications, Integration or Data.
- Messaging, Eventing, High volume transactional processing systems.
- Experience of working with collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Practical experience of service, application, data and infrastructure architecture
- Experience in performing complex analysis, consulting and providing technical recommendation.
- Proven experience of defining and implementing complex systems architectures.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Project Management
Job Location: Sheffield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A