This position is responsible for executing billing, payment processing and accounts receivable management job tasks for Duke Energy’s small and mid-size commercial and industrial customers as well as complex residential customer scenarios. , It operates under general supervision and on various work schedules to meet customer demands. The incumbent maintains a high level of expertise in the systems and equipment required, and uses this knowledge to ensure timely and accurate billing, collections, and processing of payments. It responds to and resolves customer inquiries and complaints. Interfaces with key internal stakeholders, including Customer Contact Operations, Distribution, Customer Service Support, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Generation Services, Corporate Risk Management, Corporate Sourcing, Grid Modernization, Metering Services, Marketing, and the State Presidents’ organizations. Job tasks for individual performers may vary.
- Performs corrections for Meter Data Management (EDM) system usage exceptions.
- Monitors credit ratings provided by Experian and Dun& Bradstreet and takes appropriate action for assigned customers.
- Takes action on 30/60/90 arrears reports for this customers segment, including contact with external customers and internal stakeholders.
- Monitors delinquent accounts in an effort to collect deposits or take appropriate action to limit financial exposure for small to mid-size C&I accounts. For high risk accounts, takes immediate action to secure accounts including the use of non-cash deposit alternatives.
- Performs pre-bill and post-bill exception corrections for small to mid –size C&I and other accounts.
- Accurately bills, processes payments and manages the accounts receivable for Duke Energy’s specialized accounts including renewable energy and municipal unmetered services.
- Performs data collection and billing for unmetered municipal Christmas Lighting
- Performs daily verification of CIS system calculations to ensure charging is correct
- Performs analysis to determine root cause for synchronization failures between CIS and Meter Data Management systems and corrects the problem in the appropriate system.
- Resolves usage, billing issues and other situations that prevent an accurate bill from being rendered to this customer segment.
- Resolves billing, accounts receivable, or payment exceptions for non-routine, account scenarios.
- Performs back office investigation, usage/charge calculations and account updates for energy theft scenarios, including unauthorized reconnects and tamper/bypass scenarios. Updates
- Energy Protection databases as required to ensure customer information is available to Contact Center Operations personnel. Interfaces with field investigators in Metering Services and Distribution.
- Performs decision making, account entry and corrections for usage on inactive meters, stopped meter and cross meter situations.
- Monitors and administers programs mandated by state and federal regulators.
- Responsible for processing accounts and legal documentation for residential accounts that have filed Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Processes proof of claim forms, performs required revenue adjustment orders, and updates the bankruptcy tracking system. Maintains a thorough understanding of federal bankruptcy legislation. Interfaces with the Legal department and members of the Revenue Services team as needed.
- Processes specialized sales tax forms ( reduced and exemption) * Processes city annexation information to ensure accurate revenue reporting and tax allocation to cities/counties
- Provides decision making for tax jurisdiction changes and auto landlord program changes.
- Performs account setup, monthly management and support for customer summary/consolidated billing programs.
- Processes and ensures that all REPS credits and annual minimums are billed correctly
- Reviews and investigate root cause for Remote Order Fulfillment errors in Meter Data Management System and issue order from the appropriate CIS system to initiate a field trip by Service Delivery.
- Supports the research, analysis, and investigative actions for potential billing errors and fraud cases.
- Performs reconciliation and balancing of customer payments and bank deposit files.
- Sends daily deposit information to Treasury and banking institutions.
- Researches and resolves payments not posted..
- Manages Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) compliance by reviewing specific transactions relating to a customer’s personal identifiable information to ensure that the account holder is a verified legal entity, and that their personal information is held confidential. Takes appropriate action as needed. Investigates and resolves potential fraud situations, including accounts with deceased customers, invalid id, consumer statements, name fraud, etc.
- Provides direction to other team members and answers internal complex questions
Qualification & Experience:
- Associates degree in Business Administration or
- Associates degree in Paralegal or
- Associates degree in Technology
- In addition to required degree, 1 year related work experience
- In lieu of Associates degree(s) AND 1 year(s) related work experience listed above, Associates degree in another field of study and High School/GED in Engineering
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A