Website Dollar General
Plan and lead the activities of all stores within the assigned area of operation, including full profit and loss responsibility, while acting within the scope of company objectives and policies to accomplish divisional and regional goals.
- Effective planning & execution of company objectives.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities within operational area (i.e., distribution flow improvements, merchandising display efforts, store growth and real estate site selection, recruiting strategy, training and development priorities, employee Relations, customer service, systems implementation, etc.).
- Superior customer service through fun, friendly stores.
- All tools are effectively utilized in each store and market resulting in superior inventory presentation and management.
- A culture that fosters Dollar General’s mission and values.
- Maximization of performance & productivity through a commitment to sensible store scheduling.
- Area annual sales growth that meets or exceeds company targets through quality orders and efficient flow processes.
- Fair administration of human resources policies & practices.
- Consistent and effective communication of divisional and regional priorities to store teams.
- Total development of human capital through proactive recruitment, selection and education of employees and customers.
- Protection of company assets through loss prevention and expense efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrated ability to produce desired results by leveraging resources, maintaining tough expense control, managing merchandise effectively, and defining and communicating clear expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in collaboration with team to achieve objectives in a participative management style.
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership including the ability to model total development and serve as a steward of Dollar General’s mission and values.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills including a willingness to consistently provide superior customer service, the ability to react appropriately under pressure, and the ability to apply good judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated record of achieving performance goals and objectives.
- Financial analysis skills sufficient to interpret operating statements and other financial reporting data, manage budgets, and control inventory.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- “Big-box” retail management and/or equivalent education and experience combination will be considered.
- Four+ years retail management experience with progressively more responsibility, managing multi-unit operations in retail, grocery or convenience store operations with full P&L responsibility.
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Elizabeth, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A