Website Northside Hospital
Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
- Assesses and provides care to low- to moderate- risk newborns and postpartum women of childbearing age.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in basic breastfeeding techniques.
- Demonstrates competency in clinical practice; self-directed in goal-setting in management of complex patients and families; utilizes the nursing process and is skilled at adapting care to rapidly changing patient conditions.
- Provides safe, competent patient care; is knowledgeable of current patient care guidelines; communicates with peers, colleagues, providers and others.
- Independently implements the nursing process for patients and families; integrates unit- and service-wide evidence-based practice resources into clinical practice.
- Self-sufficient, competent and safe in the operation of unit-based patient care technology; efficiently operates the organization’s computerized information systems; continuously develops personal practice competencies, skills and knowledge.
- Delegates care where appropriate.
- Serves as a preceptor for new employees and students.
- Creates personal goals for lifelong learning and professional growth.
- Conducts self-assessment of performance and identifies own learning needs
- Identifies ethical issues in practice and takes appropriate action.
- Refers to, consults with, and makes provision for continuity of care with other health care providers.
- Uses evidence-based guidelines and policies to guide professional practice.
- Participates in established quality improvement studies and/or activities for patient safety and quality measures; assists in continual readiness activities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a RN in the State of Georgia in good standing without limitations.
- Minimum of one (1) years of full-time Mother Baby experience as a RN post-orientation or post-residency training.
- Certified in American Heart Association’s Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
- Must meet all Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) personnel qualifications and responsibilities requirements for individuals directing or performing non-waived point of care testing as stated in 42 CFR, Part 493, Subpart M.
Company: Northside Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canton, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A