Website Capital One
As a global leader in financial services, we believe in building first rate relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. Teamwork is at the heart of everything we do. That is why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits and programs that inspire you to work with a dynamic team to achieve more every day. In Commercial Banking at Capital One, you will maintain and develop relationships, administer existing loans, demand and time deposits, and cross sells related banking accounts and services. This position focuses on developing service relationships for commercial clients as well as leading efforts to acquire new relationships.
- Plans, develop and pursue an active customer call program, within the Bank structure, in order to attract new banking relationships.
- Extends and sustains the company’s relationships with contacts/customers to maintain and inflate business.
- Makes habitual calls on prospective clients in order to generate high quality new loan, deposit, and fee business to achieve or exceed specific production goals.
- Plans portfolio growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives.
- Convene with customers through personal calling efforts, branch referrals and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the bank can serve their needs.
- Accountable for the sale and administration of all financial institutions services to include loans, deposits, investments, trust, insurance, investment banking etc. within the assigned region.
- Coordinates with various divisions and departments (Trust, Branches, Operations, etc.) in the servicing of routine transactions and in solving the special customers, and maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitors’ products and pricing in the market served.
- Liable for the proper pre-qualification, structuring, pricing, and exception-free closing on all loans in his/her assigned area.
- Assesses demand deposit profitability analysis and outlines strategies to bring unprofitable accounts back to profitable status.
- Analyzes requests and associated financial data to determine if the loan meets acceptable risk standards is within policy.
- Evaluates credit risk and reviews the compensating demand deposit balances of each loan customer in order to properly price loan to meet profitability standards.
- Acquires collateral documents to be utilized as security on loans, and approves the release, substitution or collateral in accordance with loan policy.
- Collaborates with borrowing customers to procure updated financial information on an ongoing basis.
- Acts as a first line of defense to mitigate evolving credit risks from prevailing market forces as well as at the individual company level
- Follows up on loan exceptions to insure timely clearing and controls volume of exceptions
- Business or Finance degree
- Completion of credit training program
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A