The individual will work closely with Records and Information Management (RIM) leadership in Tampa and Thousand Oaks, CA to improve, enhance and modernize records and information management capabilities, stakeholder confidence, and organizational alignment.
At Amgen, our mission is simple to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, cyber security and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
Information management, compliance and security are priorities for companies in light of growing cyber security threats, privacy breaches and increasingly complex regulatory requirements. Information security and compliance teams need to think and act differently in today’s business and technology environment, and leaders must fundamentally rethink their approach to risk management, business engagement, operations and staff skills in order to meet these challenges.
- Manage a subset of the day-to-day operations for global RIM services Records Retention, Data Classification, Offsite Storage, Physical Laboratory Notebooks, Education & Awareness
- Support and advise staff globally with best practices for reducing their physical footprint in compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations
- Socialize and maintain good information management practices, portals, guidance and training across the enterprise
- Collaborate with IS teams to drive value propositions for content management, search, analytics, and collaboration systems
- Support audit and inspection readiness and response activities to support Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and other health authority inspections, internal audits and internal assessments, and external audits
- Evolve records and information management capabilities and practices in support of existing and evolving information and compliance risks
- Ensure information related policies comply with HIPAA, PCI, GxP, SOX and other applicable regulations
- Advance global information management policies, controls and services
- Liaise with business units to ensure good information practices and controls are effective and appropriately meet relevant information risk, policy and regulatory requirements
- Monitor records management compliance requirements and controls
- In depth understanding of software development lifecycle and the ability to assess new technology capabilities as they present themselves in the market with a proven capacity to move products from Demo and Proof of Concept to Pilot and Production quickly
- Experience delivering new technologies, mitigating risk and delivering innovation while developing training programs designed to educate end users about basic and specialized applications in a dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop, document, lead, and communicate processes then, follow accepted IS policies and standards while working independently and providing recommendations on strategies
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, facilitation, work planning, a troubleshooting aptitude, and multitasking using intellectual curiosity to collaborate actively with thought partners across functional areas
- Demonstrated formal technical support and customer success management experience with a technology company while exhibiting strong communication, advisory skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and analytical expertise relevant to information management
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma / GED and 10+ years of Information Management and/or Information Services experience
- Master’s degree and 4 years of Information Management and/or Information Services experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Information Management and/or Information Services experience
- Associate degree and 8 years of Information Management and/or Information Services experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A