As an Application Specialist, you will partner with business owners and other IT teams to assess, research, and analyze business, technical and system needs to provide solutions within RBC Wealth Management vendor applications. Working directly with the business partners, you will have the opportunity to manage and drive application enhancements and ensure stability of existing applications.
- Develop criteria for and participates in the evaluation of 3rd party vendors and software as well as due diligence exercises.
- Work on any production issues affecting those applications
- Build relationships with our vendors’ technical staff
- Become proficient with several key vendor applications and become knowledgeable in how they integrate with RBC systems.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Be the point person to communicate any application updates to our business users or service desks
- Ability to work well with the rest of the IT team, our business partners, external firms and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Windows Server Administration Experience and knowledge of IIS Server
- Task Ownership mindset
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal support and guidance.
- Ability to problem-solve with an organized and technical approach.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 1-4 years of experience with technology projects and support.
Qualification & Experience:
- Basic understanding of Web services, APIs, FTP, data query, cyber security, Disaster Recovery and business continuity etc.
- Financial industry experience
- Basic understanding of Network architecture
- Previous Tier 2 or 3 triage experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A