Manage the day to day activities associated within Quality Assurance/Quality Control to ensure all hardline and soft line goods meet or exceed compliance with JOANN’s safety and quality expectations. Act as a technical and analytical resource to Quality Assurance (QA), product development, vendors, third party testing laboratories and internal customers to ensure their understanding of JOANN’s QA policies and procedures. Maintain, analyze, trouble-shoot and foster good practice by disseminating test results, VOC (Voice of the Customer), GCC (General Certificate of Conformity), CPC (Children’s Product Certification) to the appropriate JOANN cross functional partners, third party service providers, and any necessary regulatory agency. Develop technical knowledge through review of professional publications, personal network, and participate in professional industry events.
- Receive, analyze, and communicate product test results and pass/fail reports to the appropriate JOANN cross functional team(s) and/or vendors; Provide investigative support for corrective actions/root cause on discrepancies to ensure on time and complete delivery of goods; Execute and manage daily upload of results to the JOANN Freight Forwarder/Ocean Consolidator for
- Direct import merchandise.
- Foster effective relationships of trust and credibility with internal customers that lead to stronger buy-in and commitment within the Jo-Ann team.
- Manage day to day operations in keeping processes aligned.
- Execute and manage investigations, resolutions and root cause analysis related to damaged product and quality related feedback from Stores and Customers; develop damage reports and product tracking tools; Provide QC/QA vendor performance scoring from vendor history.
- Analyze continuous improvement for any system issues, of both internal and external reporting for value vs. non-value tasks. Create “user-friendly” internal work flow/systems and streamline new internal work instructions to ensure on time & complete for testing, audits and packaging information. Facilitate new metrics/reporting processes to vendors, 3rd party testing suppliers and internal partners.
- Participate in special projects by contributing during cross-functional team meetings and offer assistance and QC/QA expertise.
- Maintain a daily interface with JOANN team members, suppliers, testing laboratories and communicate results, process resolution and act as a resource for technical quality support.
- Assist the QA/AC Manager on product inspection and ongoing analytical metrics for quality issue management and records. Offer QA review of inspections from origin on a timely manner and collaborate with both SSC QC team and Shanghai QC team for keeping inspection processes aligned.
- Assist the QA/QC Manager, with projects designed to comply with all Federal, State, and local/governmental product safety laws, including labeling guidance and approvals to the design team(s) and/or vendor(s).
- Minimum: 4 year Bachelors of Science/Administration Degree in Quality, Reliability, Technical, Finance, Statistics, Legal or Business.
- Preferred: 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree
Qualification & Experience:
- Required: 2-4 years (Mid-Level Professional) experience in technical analysis, data reporting, or QA/QC experience.
- Preferred: 5+ years’ experience in technical analysis, data reporting, or QA/QC experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cleveland/Akron, Ohio Area
Application Deadline: N/A