Website Sherwin Williams
This position is responsible for testing production batches according to specific written testing methods and identifying issues of both in-spec and out-of-spec data. The technician will interpret results and historical data to ensure the product meets or exceeds the customers’ requirements for quality, as well as provide instructions to production personnel regarding adjustments to batches as needed. The technician will be involved in the efficient operation of the lab, general housekeeping, ensuring a safe work environment and will independently perform tasks as outlined by her/her supervisor/manager.
- Determines disposition of non-compliant finished goods, such as first case/last case.
- Enter all batches’ data into the electronic batch records system.
- Utilizes appropriate computer systems to ensure effective testing of products.
- If necessary, follows appropriate raw material test methods and may file related paperwork. Gather, stock and manage product retain area.
- Batch approval. Assures that all tests are completed and results meet all specifications before going to the next production process.
- Follows all standard technical procedures and exercises good judgment and initiatives. Able to accomplish assigned work with little supervision.
- Gather and send customer samples as required.
- Generate appropriate paperwork as needed per the customer specifications.
- An Associates or Bachelors degree in Chemistry or a related field is preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Places non-conforming material on hold as needed.
- Supports the ISO Management Systems and Safety Systems.
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies, stocks them when received, and requests them when we are low.
- May be required to work a different shift to cover for vacations, overtime, call-ins, etc.
- Previous laboratory experience (both work experience and college laboratory course work is acceptable) is preferred
- Previous experience with Microsoft Access and/or Microsoft Excel is preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be willing to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have the ability to see color with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Company: Sherwin Williams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victorville, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A