Website Sherwin Williams
This position is responsible for testing production batches according to specific written testing methods and identifying issues of both in-spec and out-of-spec data. The technician will interpret results and historical data to ensure the product meets or exceeds the customers’ requirements for quality, as well as provide instructions to production personnel regarding adjustments to batches as needed. The technician will be involved in the efficient operation of the lab, general housekeeping, ensuring a safe work environment and will independently perform tasks as outlined by her/her supervisor/manager.
- Identify and communicate product issues to other departments as needed.
- Must adhere to all safety requirements of job.
- Follows all standard technical procedures and exercises good judgment and initiatives. Able to accomplish assigned work with little supervision.
- If necessary, follows appropriate raw material test methods and may file related paperwork. Gather, stock and manage product retain area.
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies, stocks them when received, and requests them when we are low.
- Determines disposition of non-compliant finished goods, such as first case/last case.
- Supports the ISO Management Systems and Safety Systems.
- Review batch slip for completeness and accuracy
- Gather and send customer samples as required.
- Maintains Lab housekeeping and cleans all test equipment.
- Any other duty requested by their supervisor.
- May be required to work a different shift to cover for vacations, overtime, call-ins, etc.
- Places non-conforming material on hold as needed.
- Utilizes appropriate computer systems to ensure effective testing of products.
- Previous laboratory experience (both work experience and college laboratory course work is acceptable)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must have the ability to see color with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience with Microsoft Access and/or Microsoft Excel is preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- An Associates or Bachelors degree in Chemistry or a related field is preferred
Company: Sherwin Williams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A