Website State Farm
This position is for a Claim Specialist Fire Proximity, handling accidental and weather-related homeowners, commercial, and large loss claims. You will be the first point of contact to meet with our insureds, to explain coverage, estimate damages and help them recover from the unexpected. As a Fortune 50 Company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry.
This is a work from home and virtual office environment in which you start your day from home but will have a mobile office/vehicle to work from and utilize for transportation to and from your appointments.
- Physical agility required to allow for frequent lifting, carrying, unfolding and climbing a ladder utilizing appropriate equipment in accordance with safety guidelines to traverse roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures.
- The ability to crawl in tight spaces
- You must have a valid driver’s license
- Excellent customer service, relationship building skills, and decision making skills.
- Training will be virtual for the first 5-10 weeks and vary upon selected candidate’s experience. One week of training will take place in Bloomington, IL and all expenses will be paid.
- You may be required to obtain a Property and Casualty Adjuster’s License Candidates may often be required to work outside of their assigned territory as business needs dictates
- Next Steps – Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in pre-employment testing and/or the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Must be willing to work flexible work shifts as operations dictates. May work irregular hours, including weekends, and holidays, based on workload and job requirements. There is potential for overtime pay in this role.
- If relocation is required, it should occur before the training/start date
Qualification & Experience:
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn’t want money, right?
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plainfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A