Website Ace Hardware
As the Protective Security Officer you will ensure the safety and security of the corporate environment. Be a Liaison between corporate visitors, employees, and law enforcement; Represent the loss prevention department through positive interactions with visitors and throughout the company verbally, and through email communication.
- Safeguard the safety of employees and guest
- Safeguard and maintain confidential information
- Ensure adherence to corporate security policies via multi-screen CCTV system, and computer-based monitoring.
- Prepared and poised to prevent an immediate threat to life safety or to pursue an armed attacker with armed force to deal with the threat.
- Successful completion of Active Shooter Certification course, an advanced weapons qualification course
- Resolve situations calmly, tactfully and with common sense
- Monitor access to campus facilities via CCTV and multi-screen computer-based lobby control; patrol facilities for safety and security compliance; monitor alarm systems; Determine access
- levels and add accordingly to badges.
- Vigilant for threats, risk, and vulnerability to the security of the Ace Corporate Headquarters
- Good general intelligence and emotional stability.
- Strong computer skills, (Windows 7, C-Cure, Outlook, multi-screen CCTV, Easy-lobby).
- Ability to maintain skill in the use and care of firearms.
- Take and successfully complete assessment including physical agility, psychological and handgun proficiency, periodically.
- CPR/AED/FIRST AID certification from a nationally recognized source required.
- Corporate security experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively, and to determine proper course of action to be taken.
- Must meet Fit for Duty requirements including being able to always maintain physical, psychological and handgun standards, while on duty.
- Ability to follow proper guidelines, best practices and protocol.
Qualification & Experience:
- PRIOR TO START DATE – must be able to provide documentation that you qualify for a Firearms Control Card (FCC), Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC)/ and Firearm Owners Identification Card (FOID) in the state of Illinois.
- Must provide 20 hour firearms training certificate (in lieu of law enforcement or military experience).
- 2-5 years armed guard, armed law enforcement or armed military experience required
- Military experience, law enforcement experience, Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Company: Ace Hardware
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oak Brook, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A