Website Massachusetts General Hospital
The Purdon Lab in the Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine at MGH pursues research at the intersection of medicine, neuroscience, and engineering to advance basic science, develop innovative medical technologies, and improve patient care.
We are seeking a Project Coordinator to assist in clinical research (managing IRB protocols and documentation), grant preparation, lab management (maintain principal investigator’s CV, online profiles, biographies, and lab websites), and project management (managing meetings, milestones, and deadlines for projects), and will help to maintain efficient and effective day-to-day functioning of the laboratory (calendar management, travel bookings, ordering of supplies and equipment) within a dynamic, creative, fast-paced environment. Critical thinking and scientific writing skills will be highly emphasized in this role.
- The coordinator will coordinate onboarding and orientation of new students, employees, and fellows, including management of visa paperwork processing at the Partner’s International Office.
- The candidate will maintain and update lab wiki pages that document experimental protocols, training materials, equipment inventory, and other standard operating procedures.
- Manage ordering of supplies and equipment.
- Attend weekly progress meetings for all Purdon Lab studies and maintain a comprehensive familiarity with ongoing work.
- Develop and maintain lab schedules and regular meetings
- Organize weekly lab meetings by finding presenters within the lab, locating conference rooms, and ordering food and beverages.
- The candidate will manage lab expenses related to supplies, travel, and other sundries.
- The candidate will assist in preparation of grant applications. This will include preparing grant application administrative documents (e.g., biosketches, budget justifications), ensuring that grant applications meet all requirements listed in grant RFAs, proofreading and critical reviewing of written documents, use of reference managers such as Zotero and Endnote, figure preparation in Adobe Illustrator, and managing critical deadlines. The candidate will also develop standard operating procedures to make these processes more efficient.
- Maintain inventory control of lab equipment and supplies.
- The candidate will manage public relations for Dr. Purdon including screening media requests, performing outreach to science journalists, and seeking out venues to promote the lab’s work.
- The candidate will assist, where possible, in screening Dr. Purdon’s emails.
- The candidate will manage Dr. Purdon’s schedule, including calendaring, planning of meetings and associated details, timely notification and reminder of meetings for all parties. The candidate must use independent judgment in prioritizing meetings and proposing alternative dates and times and in resolving calendar conflicts.
- The candidate will maintain Dr. Purdon’s CV, online profiles, and biographies.
- The candidate must have outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- The candidate will maintain the lab website.
- The candidate will assist with travel arrangements for Dr. Purdon
- The candidate will be willing to assist in other tasks as needed related to the lab’s overall scientific mission
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree or 2-5 years of related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Medicine, Engineering, Business, Arts or related field required.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Creative Suite tools, and reference manager software such as Endnote and Mendeley
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater Boston Area
Application Deadline: N/A