Website Duke Energy
This position is responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments. This position performs the more complex aspects of estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control. The Project Controls Specialist II (PCS-II) is a critical position as part of a project team. This position supports Project Managers and possibly Senior Project Controls Specialists on varying size projects.
Using prescribed methods and tools, the position is responsible for performing primary aspects of project control assignments. The position is considered a technical, SME, support position and requires college level reasoning via formal education or work experience. It requires working knowledge to proficient use, understanding and application of project controls principles and associated project controls software tools.
Generate Periodic Project Controls Reports
Generate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly project controls reports. Responsible for gathering, verifying, validating and analyzing data in support of project controls reporting. Responsible for distributing and archiving project controls reports as appropriate.
Perform Change Control.
Track and manage changes to the project scope, schedule and cost baseline. Identify, assess, gain approval for, and distribute change requests, change notices and/or change orders in a manner compliant with internal governance standards and terms and conditions of relevant contracts (as appropriate).
Project Controls Benchmarking and Self-Assessment Initiatives.
Assist in scheduling and carrying out benchmarking and self-assessment initiatives relevant to project controls and the types of projects typically managed by the project controls group. Identify and communicate improvement opportunities, adoption of best practices and counter measures to address gaps in performance.
Expertise in Project Controls Methodologies.
Develops and maintains WBS, project schedules, cost estimates, track and trend cash flow reports, change control documentation (scope, cost or schedule) and/or any reports associated with project controls. Tracks and reports project status performs variance, earned value and critical path analyses at a level appropriate for the project.
Create and Maintain Project Estimate. Work with Estimator(s) to create or create project cost estimate in order to establish effective cost controls management. Assure that project estimate includes all necessary raw materials, resource / labor rates, manufactured materials / equipment as well as current industry data relative to project scope. Manage the estimate according to PMCoE Estimating Standard and review cycle.
- Software such as MS Project/MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio
- 4 year degree – business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable – PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP)
- Working Knowledge / Proficiency with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, spreadsheets; proven collaborative team member
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 year degree – business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent and 2 years of work related experience or 5 years of work related experience in lieu of a degree.
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A