Stryker is a leading medical device company working towards modernizing healthcare leveraging software technologies working towards our mission of “Together with our customers we are driven to make healthcare better.”
- Collaborate with the global software team including testing and QA to ensure software is designed with a test driven and quality approach.
- Actively engage in code reviews to support a collaborative development community guiding coding and design best practices.
- Work with the QA team to ensure the processes are adhered to deliver a quality product maintaining compliance.
- Experience working with software tools such as Configuration Management tools (Perforce/GitHub), CI/CD tools (Jenkins), Defect Tracking tools (Jira)
- Provide input to project management on scheduling, milestone achievement, and project challenges.
- Provide mentorship or training to engineers in software design and development best practices as necessary.
- Work as part of the R&D engineering team to design, develop and integrate the software for the Robotic Assisted Surgery product suite.
- Design and implement software using C/C++, Qt, Linux
- Function and lead agile software development teams following software best practices including configuration management, change management and bug tracking workflows leveraging tools.
- Support creation and reviews of software documentation including the product software requirements, architecture, design specifications and functional specifications.
- Support customer interactions as part of research projects as needed.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing software solutions with global cross functional software teams
- Demonstrated ability to plan software projects, provide estimates based on design and work collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver results
- Related Master’s degree with 6 or more years of experience; PhD with 2 or more years of experience desirable
- Experience in medical device or other highly regulated industries
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience or exposure to compliance regulations around data privacy (HIPAA/HITRUST), security standards
- Experience or exposure to healthcare imagining technologies
- Experience or exposure to data science
- B.S. in Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- 8-10+ years related experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kalamazoo, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A