From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
- Maintain services once live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Help evolve production infrastructure, strategically employing automation, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Participate in the 24×7 support coverage as needed.
- Apply a detailed problem-solving approach coupled with good interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Engage with development teams throughout the life cycle to help develop for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Create and maintain application roadmaps.
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Drives innovation in line with standards and strategy
- Knowledge of related tools in Splunk, Datadog, Amazon EKS, GitLab
- Knowledge of Performance and Site Reliability Engineering, APM Tools, preferably Dynatrace
- Confirmed ability to understand, document, and describe complex technical subjects
- Acts as a trainer, mentor, and advisor to colleagues
- Solves complex performance/scaling issues, working with Engineering to ensure we avoid bottlenecks and scale to meet traffic demands through organic growth and marketing events
Qualification & Experience:
- Two (2) years managing individuals or teams in a supervisory role
- Twelve (12) years of professional work experience in web-based technologies
- Direct experience identifying application patterns and analytics in support of a healthy enterprise web environment
- Six (6) years of software/platform design and implementation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Associate’s Degree plus six (6) years of Technology related experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Fourteen (14) years of professional work experience in Technology or related field
- Eight (8) years of software/platform design and implementation experience
- Four (4) years working with cloud applications/technologies
- Four (4) years managing individuals or teams in a supervisory role
- Hospitality or travel industry experience a major plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A