Website Capital One
United Income is a financial technology company, headquartered in Washington, DC, that was recently acquired by Capital One. We combine the latest technology with time-tested wisdom to better understand the interconnectedness of our financial lives, allowing us to lower client’s taxes, boost retirement benefits, and improve the quality of investment management.
As of May 2019, we have over $780 million of assets under management, 99 percent client retention, and 88 percent of clients have had their fees reduced (since our technology lowers our operating costs, which we share with our clients). We’ve attracted over 200 media stories about the company’s wealth-building innovations and thought leadership, including a Forbes article that said we have “an all-star team.” We are united in our mission to use new technology to increase the financial potential of our customers in ways that have not been possible in the past.
That’s where you come in. We want the best and the brightest. Work is more fun when you know that you’re surrounded by people who are as dedicated as you are.
- Review General Ledger for accuracy of expense allocation by departments and cost centers
- Assist in implementation of SOX requirements and perform periodic control testing.
- Prepare and record monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Serve as liaison between the line of business and centralized AP processing function on all matters related to vendors and AP
- Assist in month-end closing and financial reporting processes timely and accurately
- Interact directly with Finance and key business partners, associates throughout the controller’s group, tax, and external and internal auditors
- Support quarterly Business Review reporting as well as other ad hoc reporting requests
- Perform Bank accounts and Credit Cards reconciliation
- Prepare/present monthly, quarterly and other ad hoc analytics for line of business, Accounting, and Finance leadership
- Assist on establishing the processes for off-platform clients billing and prepare monthly/quarterly billings
- Identify and drive process efficiencies
- Support internal audit and compliance testing
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- at least 4 years of accounting or 4 years of audit experience
- Support automation and data transformation efforts
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Data Analytics and/or Data Visualization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, D.C., DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A