As a Pharmacy Technician, you are a vital part of our wellness store team that is responsible for the day to day operations of the pharmacy and the care and service provided to our customers/patients. In order to effectively work with the pharmacy team and be able to properly serve our patients, All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
- Complete customer transactions on the cash register.
- Successfully complete the Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician Training & Certification Program. This on-the-job program is designed and provided by Rite Aid Pharmacy. You are expected to
- successfully complete the program within 6 months of your date of hire or promotion into the Pharmacy Technician in Training position. Successful completion of the Program is defined as
- completing: all Computer Based Training (CBTs), Workbook exercises, on-the-job training exercises and obtaining a passing grade on the Final Competency Exam.
- Assist in inventory and pharmacy management processes including: paperwork, order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the Pharmacy department.
- Engage with customers in a friendly and efficient manner while collecting customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices.
- The above information represents a summary of the functions and requirements of this position. Additional details are available on the full job description.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Pharmacy Technician experience or education required.
- Basic keyboarding/typing skills to efficiently enter information.
- Pharmacy Technician registration or certification where required by state law.
- Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
- Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory, create prescription labels, adhere labels to prescription containers and place medication into prescription containers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to meet minimum age and other requirements as set forth in state law.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law.
- Assist in the administration of Rite Aid programs including: Immunizations, Medication Therapy Management (MTM), Customer Loyalty programs, etc.
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A