Website Rite Aid
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the daily activities of the Pharmacy department within a retail store. Additionally, to assist customers with their health care needs by filling prescriptions and providing excellent customer service. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
- Build profitable business and script growth through recommended clinical programs including appropriate immunization and when available MTM (Medication Therapy Management), DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist), and all ongoing other programs as identified.
- Maintain a clean and efficient Pharmacy department.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Pharmacy department.
- Counsel customers with regard to medications filled at the pharmacy.
- Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Handle and resolve customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
- Interact with physicians to gain additional information about customers and prescriptions to be filled.
- Ensure growth and profitability of Pharmacy Department.
- Ensure excellent customer service by Pharmacy associates.
- Comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a sense of calm.
- Ability to respond to interruptions and then return seamlessly to task at hand
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Ability to perform different tasks on different days as necessary.
- Ability to work day, evening, and/or night shift.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and frequently.
- Ability to multi-task for extended periods of time.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent basis.
- Minimum age of 21 years old meet education and experience requirements.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pikesville, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A