You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
- Partner with others to gather additional information and / or to interpret clinical guidelines; act as a resource for others
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow – up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details / clinical information
- Process member prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating
- Educate members / guardians, providers, pharmacies) staff on procedures to avoid compliance risk
- Apply benefit plan criteria in making decisions (approvals / denials) or recommendations; clarify and explain pharmaceutical benefits and procedures
- Processing and maintaining referrals from start to finish
- Ability to travel between 10 – 25% of the time to visit client sites
- Monitoring of compliance for Prior Authorization and Appeals
- National Pharmacy Technician License
Qualification & Experience:
- Available M – F for an 8 hours shift between 5 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 6+ months of healthcare industry experience (examples: pharmacy, health insurance, medical office, etc)
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Windows PC applications
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration in Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Application Deadline: N/A