Working at PetSmart is not a job, it’s a community of those who work together for the love of pets. As a Pets Hotel Associate, you’ll ensure that pets feel extra loved while they are playing with us and staying with us! You’ll build a connection with pet parents to discuss their pet’s unique personalities and provide a safe fun environment during their visit. Our Hotels offer multiple shifts throughout the early morning, day, evening and overnight hours.
- It’s the excitement you feel when you help a little one pick out his very first fish. And not just any goldfish, but that one, right there, no not that one, this one, yea!
- It’s the relief Rosie feels when you help her mom select the best food for her upset tummy and her delight when it turns out to be chicken flavored!!
- It’s the pride of the giving Mickey a makeover in our salons watching him strut his stuff on the way out. Paws off, ladies, he’s taken!
- It’s the joy of reuniting Frankie with her family after a fun stay in our Pets Hotel.
- It’s the celebration of Bella’s birthday, Gizmo’s graduation from puppy classes or Ace’s adoption.
- It’s the little things we do that add up to really big things that pets need.
- Customer Engagement: You are the smiling face that greets pets and creates that first impression in our Pets Hotels. You’ll advise the pet parents on the different services and solutions we offer to create a customized experience for their pet.
- Pet Care: All work and no play? Not here! You will interact directly with the pets–playing with them during Doggie Day Camp, ensuring they get exercise, and ensuring their tummies are full! Safety and cleanliness are top priority to us, so we keep that top of mind throughout the day of play!
- Night Care: The compassion and care for our pets doesn’t end when we close shop at the end of the night. On the night shift, you will ensure that our pets are well taken care of throughout their entire overnight stay. You’ll be there with them taking care of them, providing food and medication, and, occasionally, a bedtime story.
Qualification & Experience:
- Gain experience in a different business unit—from the Pets Hotel to the store to the salon
- Develop your leadership skills as a Pets Hotel Assistant Manager or Retail Store Department Manager
- Tackle the challenge of a new hotel opening or turnaround a struggling location
- Transfer to any one of our 1600 stores nationwide *note: not all stores have Pets Hotels
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A