Website University of California San Diego
UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the a??gold standarda? for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
UC San Diego Shiley Eye Institute is the only academic eye center in the region. We offer the most advanced treatments across all areas of eye care. Our clinicians, surgeons, scientists and staff are dedicated to providing excellent patient care to prevent, treat and cure eye diseases.
The Shiley Outpatient Surgical Center offers 4 state of the art operating rooms located on the top floor of the Shiley Eye Institute. Our talented team of anesthesiologists, nurses and staff provide unparalleled and compassionate eye care across all ophthalmic specialties.
Provides skilled nursing care to patients undergoing surgical procedures. Identifies and implements nursing interventions and evaluates results for a wide variety of patient populations. Directs and acts as resource to other members of the nursing team as assigned. Promotes compliance and support for policies.
While not required, a cover letter is highly recommended when applying to this position.
- PALS (must be obtained during 1st year of employment for new employees).
- Recent RN experience in an eye surgery and/or ambulatory care environment.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center’s business needs.
- Must be available one (1) weekend shift every four (4) weeks and 1 major holiday. This is subject to change based on department needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Qualification & Experience:
- RN License issued by the State of California.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
- BLS/CPR and ACLS certification at time of hire with commitment to get ART within six (6) months of hire date.
- Must have at least two (2) years of recent acute care PACU/Critical care and pediatric experience.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work within a team environment.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A