A Valet Parking Attendant with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible fortransporting guest vehicles in a prompt and courteous manner to and from the parking structure using safe driving practices. Uses portable handheld devices to scan barcode valet claim checks and is accountable for each vehicle retrieved and parked.
- Greets and thanks guests in proper English, using a clear, pleasant voice. Responds to inquiries with accurate information regarding directions to local attractions, car rentals, meeting rooms, etc., according to individual needs. Assists guests with taxi services, wheelchair requests, parking options, etc.
- Assists Door Attendant in opening car doors and unloading/loading of luggage to ensure the smooth flow of traffic in the valet area, issuing claim checks and tagging bags as needed. Assists guests with check-in procedures.
- Promptly answers Valet phone using positive and clear English communication. Verbally arranges and confirms parking valet requests from guests and makes appropriate arrangements for bell desk services. Responds accurately to general inquiries regarding hotel services and attractions.
- Operates vehicle using safe driving practices to ensure safe delivery of vehicle to and from the parking garage.
- Tickets vehicle and records all necessary information including but not limited to, guest name, vehicle information, amount of charge and length of stay on ticket. Follows established procedures for car control, including but not limited to maintaining neat, accurate logs of keys and completing required valet parking log sheets and reports. Retrieves information on guest vehicles and claim checks using Valet desk computer system as needed. Directs guest to utilize Pay on Foot stations for valet payment and validations if necessary.
- Ability to maintain an alert and attentive demeanor.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to load and unload luggage.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Ability to operate vehicles with automatic and standard transmissions.
- Ability to retrieve information from a Valet computer system.
- Ability to access and accurately input and organize information into an established record keeping system.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing English sufficient to ascertain and document appropriate information.
- Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise transport luggage weighing a maximum of 75 lbs.
- Ability to read English language to ascertain information from valet tickets.
Qualification & Experience:
- Valid Class III Driver’s license and good Driver’s Abstract required. Provide evidence of insurability. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- High school diploma preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org