We are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our Programming and Creator tools team. We enable artists and curators to create audio experiences that help them connect with listeners. This specific position is initially hands-on and will help us enhance and lead development for our tools backend, frontend (known as AMP – Artists Marketing Platform), and mobile platform.
- Manage and drive engineering quality of service initiatives
- Lead a team of 3-6 engineers contributing to the overall roadmap
- Mentor junior engineers on engineering best practices
- Directly manage a team of 3-6 engineers with the potential to grow over time.
- Design and write code to support highly scalable tools and services
- Collaborate with engineering leadership and product management to develop and maintain a technical roadmap for the team that clearly defines prioritization of feature development alongside engineering-driven improvement efforts
- Guide career development of engineers on the team, do performance reviews, and make compensation-related decisions
- Ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and work cross-functionally across many teams and organizations in order to deliver on team objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience leading a team as a technical lead or engineering manager.
- 5+ years of experience developing Java services
- 4+ years leadership experience as an engineering team lead, manager, or senior manager role
- You have experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms
- You have experience with modern FE frameworks, and component architecture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A