UPS is currently seeking highly motivated, energetic self-starters to work as a Part-Time Operations Supervisor. This management position involves directly supervising seven to ten part-time Package Handlers. Part-Time Supervisors train, develop, and hold their workgroups responsible for safety, production and attendance. The Part-Time Operations Supervisor impacts the organization by contributing to the continued growth and profitability of UPS by maintaining the highest standards for account productivity, accuracy, customer service, organization, communication, cooperation, and safety. The Part-Time Operations Supervisor provides innovative and effective leadership and cultivates a functional working relationship with all levels of personnel throughout the organization.
- Direct daily transload activities to support account objectives for level of service, cost management, customer expectations, and volume requirements.
- Establish and promote a positive, team-oriented work environment emphasizing employee involvement, pro-active communication, inter-departmental cooperation, and continual improvement on all levels.
- Meet or exceed all established standards for accuracy and productivity.
- Implement employee personal development plans as required to ensure the continuing professional growth of department personnel.
- Ensure that all department and/or corporate policies and procedures are communicated, understood, and adhered to.
- Management of department resources to ensure maximum output, accuracy, and efficiency at all times.
- Function as an effective liaison and advocate on all levels to ensure that employee, department, and corporate needs are addressed in a timely and productive manner.
- Ensure that all department employees receive specific and detailed orientation, skills and safety training, appropriate materials and information, regular evaluations, and pro-active coaching to support their continued development.
- Responsible to ensure that all employees adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times, operating in full compliance with department, station, corporate, OSHA, and WISHA requirements.
- Establish and maintain an aggressive cross-training program within the department to promote development, enhance flexibility, and ensure backup coverage of vital functions and processes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior experience in both operations and customer service is preferred.
- Management/supervisory experience in a production/processing environment is preferred.
- Candidate is preferred have a High School diploma or equivalent degree.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A