Standard Operations Position. Supervise a high performing operations team while driving the safe, efficient and cost-effective use of resources according to policies and procedures. Assure safe, reliable, and compliant operations and ensure customer satisfaction. Ensure consistent and effective use of standard tools and processes. Support attainment of corporate and business unit goals and objectives, and process and performance metrics. Serve as a strong communicator of key strategic and operational changes. This position can be filled at our Chestnut Service Center, or our Rice Street Service Center in the Minneapolis or St. Paul.
- Operational Effectiveness: Responsible for crew productivity and quality of execution. Maintain a consistent presence in the work environment. Assist in removing barriers with pre-requisites, materials, stakeholder, and other issues. Align crew skills and availability to work activities through coordinators, planners, and schedulers, prioritizing customer satisfaction and reliability.
- Talent Management: Recruit talented employees, establish clear performance expectations and effectively manage performance. Provide training, coaching and oversight and drive employee engagement. Provide input and leadership in addressing bargaining unit issues, grievances, corrective actions, and future development.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain effective internal and external relationships. Be knowledgeable of necessary systems and resources to assist employees, other work groups, and/or customers and stakeholders. Enable crews to provide solutions to issues and improve customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
- Regulatory & Compliance: Coordinate the execution and documentation of work in accordance with Xcel Energy policies and procedures, labor agreements, and regulatory standards. Support and ensure required compliance/technical training is completed. Establish, monitor, and track processes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Safety: Provide visible safety leadership and drive real time safety accountability by engaging employees/crew through safety meeting facilitation, job briefs, audits, training, accident investigation/event assessment, and job site observations. Work in close partnership with Safety Consultant.
- Business Optimization & Strategy: Evaluate team performance based on operational efficiency, reliability and quality metrics; monitor trends, and take corrective action where appropriate. Ensure and reinforce the importance of process adherence and data integrity. Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive adoption of process changes through effective communication of expectations and objectives.
- Completion of an approved apprentice program in an appropriately related craft.
- Demonstrated understanding of utility finance.
- Informal leadership or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience working as/with bargaining unit employees.
Qualification & Experience:
- Operational knowledge of work and asset management and analytical/reporting applications.
- Effective change leader with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate company/business area strategies and objectives to various stakeholders.
- Proven results at achieving performance and operational metrics and driving process adherence.
- Three or more years in design, construction, operations, engineering or maintenance of utility systems/power generation plants or related industries/fields.
- Associates or technical degree preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in specific functional area standards, procedures, and applicable government/environmental regulations.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A