The Security & Fire/Life Safety Officer is responsible for ensuring the safety, security, and protection of Ross associates and assets within and around the New York Buying office. The position will follow the policies and execute procedures related to Ross’ safety and security program including physical security, fire and life safety, policy enforcement, emergency and alarm response, associate and visitor access control management, CCTV, inspections, observation, and incident reporting. The Security & Fire/Life Safety Officer will also play a vital role in the implementation of the building’s fire safety plan including acting as Building Evacuation Supervisor Duties and/or member of the Fire Brigade. The Officer will also execute and operate the proper utilization of the Fire Command Station. He or she will also participate in on-going company initiatives and interact and communicate with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Perform patrols and inspect all areas for any condition that threatens the safety and security of NYBO associates, staff, visitors, or assets and report them to a supervisor immediately
- Provide clear direction, information, and aid as required to associates and visitors during emergency situations
- Maintain a visible security presence in order to deter, prevent or mitigate any condition that adversely effects safety and security
- Monitor all CCTV, alarm, fire panel and information systems as directed
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need)
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle (up to 3 hours per day) as business and travel needs dictate
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps or ladders occasionally during shift if needed
- Must be willing to work off hours and weekends
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Must be able to raise or lower objects weighing up to 25 lbs., from one level to another (includes upward pulling)
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to read all operating procedures and instructions and give clear instruction during emergency incidents.
- Proficient computer usage.
- FDNY- FS-EAP-F-89 certification a plus
- AED-CPR certification a plus
- College degree preferred
- 3-5 years of security/life safety experience a plus
- NYS Security Guard license required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A