The Security & Fire/Life Safety Officer is responsible for ensuring the safety, security, and protection of Ross associates and assets within and around the New York Buying office. The position will follow the policies and execute procedures related to Ross’ safety and security program including physical security, fire and life safety, policy enforcement, emergency and alarm response, associate and visitor access control management, CCTV, inspections, observation, and incident reporting. The Security & Fire/Life Safety Officer will also play a vital role in the implementation of the building’s fire safety plan including acting as Building Evacuation Supervisor Duties and/or member of the Fire Brigade. The Officer will also execute and operate the proper utilization of the Fire Command Station. He or she will also participate in on-going company initiatives and interact and communicate with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Monitor all CCTV, alarm, fire panel and information systems as directed
- Perform patrols and inspect all areas for any condition that threatens the safety and security of NYBO associates, staff, visitors, or assets and report them to a supervisor immediately
- Provide clear direction, information, and aid as required to associates and visitors during emergency situations
- Maintain a visible security presence in order to deter, prevent or mitigate any condition that adversely effects safety and security
- Maintain professional presence; ensure a safe and secure environment on executive floors, escort and aid executives as
- Perform audits, assessments, and inspections as directed to ensure that the security and safety programs are being adhered to and standards are maintained
- Document activities and conditions in logs and maintain record systems as instructed
- Enforce security and safety programs, policies, and regulations through instruction, persuasion, and influence
- Interview, identify, confirm and badge all visitors to the NYBO and direct them to their destination and maintain the integrity of the access control system at all times
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Integrity and Trust
- Conflict Management
Qualification & Experience:
- AED-CPR certification a plus
- FDNY- FS-EAP-F-89 certification a plus
- Must be able to read all operating procedures and instructions and give clear instruction during emergency incidents.
- 3-5 years of security/life safety experience a plus
- College degree preferred
- NYS Security Guard license required.
- Proficient computer usage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A