If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
- Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. With a constantly increasing demand for information from regulatory and reimbursement agencies, Observational research (OR) has become a critical area in drug development and commercialization.
- Amgen’s Center for Observational Research (CfOR) partners with internal and external teams to generate real world evidence for multiple partners across the product lifecycle.
- The CfOR contributes evidence regarding the frequency and distribution of disease or the clinical burden of disease, the natural history or clinical course of disease, the design of clinical trials, cost and utilization patterns and the safety and effectiveness of interventions.
- With the on-going growth and planned expansion of Amgen’s CfOR, there will be multiple opportunities for Observational Research Senior Managers (Epidemiology).
- In this vital role you will be responsible for research activities on therapeutic/product or Data and Analytics Center (DAC) functionally aligned teams.
- The CfOR Senior Manager is recognized as a strong scientific contributor and a first or contributing author for papers in peer-reviewed journals, abstracts for scientific congresses and internal reports that enhance the company’s mission.
- Preferably, CfOR Senior Managers will be located on the Amgen corporate campus in Thousand Oaks, CA, but remote working opportunities may also be available.
- Influencing cross-functional partners in the utilization and timing of non-interventional research to answer high-priority strategic business questions.
- Designing and executing studies to support evidence generation such as identifying appropriate patient populations, assessing disease burden and resource utilization, obtaining product registrations and label-expansions, meeting post-marketing requirements/commitments and product differentiation.
- Demonstrating real-world data and CfOR analytic approaches to inform high-value business decisions for multiple partners.
- Tracking business and functional priorities and aligning resources for those priorities.
- Contributing to the mission of the CfOR including progressing innovative epidemiological methods and analytical capabilities to support the CfOR’s leadership role within Amgen and the industry.
- Finding opportunities to substitute for and/or complement interventional studies to reduce time and cost of drug development.
Qualification & Experience:
- We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Senior Manager with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of related research and scientific experience
- Master’s degree and 6 years of related research and scientific experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related research and scientific experience
- Associate’s degree and 10 years of related research and scientific experience
- High School diploma / GED and 12 years of related research and scientific experience
- Doctorate in Epidemiology or other subject with high observational research content.
- Experience in the design, implementation and analysis of observation research studies within Pharmaceutical and/or Public Health settings.
- Experience in research to support drug development.
- Experience working with secondary data systems including administrative claims, EMR and registries.
- Experience in observational research project planning and management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Thousand Oaks, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A