Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
We are looking for a Mission Planning Software Developer to join our Modeling and Verification Group in the Mission Planning and Execution Section. You will work with a number of JPL mission teams (Mars 2020, Europa Clipper, Psyche, etc.) to develop software that will be used in the mission planning and sequencing phases of the uplink process. You will be responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle including software architecture, design, coding, documentation, training, as well as interfacing with the mission design and operations engineering teams. As a member of the Modeling and Verification Group, you will have multiple opportunities to work on the simulation, metamodeling, language development, artificial intelligence, machine learning, low-level and high-level programming, etc. disciplines and how they may apply to the management, planning, and control of robotic missions to the Solar System. There will be many opportunities to grow and direct your own work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of mission planning and spacecraft
- Knowledge of both system-level programming (in C or assembly language) and high-level object-oriented programming.
- Experience as a lead software developer, systems engineer, or software architect.
- Knowledge of JPL Software Development Standard Practices
- Knowledge of modern software development tools and practi
- Background in both the Aerospace Engineering and Computer Science disciplines.
Qualification & Experience:
- Software engineering skill with strong system debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 3 years of related experience, a Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 1 years of related experience, or a Ph.D. in similar disciplines.
- Highly proficient in a high-level programming language such as C++, Python, Java, etc.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A