View All Merrill Lynch UK JobsMerrill Lynch
Here in our Chester office we are looking to recruit for a Cyber Threat Intelligence Attribution Analyst within Cyber Threat Intelligence. The role will primarily include processes by which evidence (i.e., associating software, computer, or networking artifacts) of a malicious cyber activity is collected, analyzed and enriched to produce assessments pertaining to: point of origin, identification of specific digital device, infrastructure or online persona and/or the individual or organization that directed the activity.
- Identify, escalate and debate recommended actions that strengthen controls.
- Contribute to intelligence briefings for senior bank leadership.
- Continually and consistently review attribution processes to identify reforms that could add to increased speed, efficiency and accuracy in reporting.
- Analyze information security events for tradecraft, infrastructure, malware and intent that may indicate a particular threat actor or threat actor group.
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Participate in technical bridge lines to facilitate the identification, mitigation and containment of cyber-security incidents.
- Work in a tactical/technical role reviewing and cultivating intelligence sources, analyzing information and creating actionable intelligence.
- Operate as part of a team of analysts responsible for collecting, assessing, and prioritizing threats, and then communicating that assessment in a manner that accurately conveys urgency, severity, and credibility.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with stakeholders in non-technical terms
- Technical or information security certifications would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with cyber threat landscape, geopolitical issues that could have cyber impacts, security vulnerabilities, exploits, malware, digital forensics, network security vulnerabilities, exploits and attacks.
- Subject matter expertise in cyber threat intelligence related activities, open source and closed source Intelligence tradecraft, social media and social network analysis and related disciplines.
- Ability to handle multiple work efforts in a fast-paced environment and to be able to quickly change direction as needed.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a strong team-oriented environment with a sense of urgency and resilience while being a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in a Security Operations, Incident Management or Fusion Center operation.
- Experience in a cyber, counter-terrorism, or related targeting role in the intelligence community, military, government or related contracting firm.
- Experience working in a 24×7 operational environment.
Company: Merrill Lynch
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Chester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A