As the Operations Sourcing Manager, you will establish and drive sourcing initiatives, risk mitigation and strategic sourcing projects across multiple contract manufactures and component suppliers supporting the Surgical Robotics business. This role is a strategic partner to the franchise and Surgical Robotics Operations management team and will effectively identify and deliver franchise-specific supplier risk mitigation strategies to ensure supply continuity, quality improvement initiatives, cash flow improvement and lead time reductions. You will identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimize supply performance, working with cross functional stake holders to prioritize and drive implementation. You will work collaboratively with the MITG Category Management to establish raw material standards and support implementation/deployment of strategies and productivity improvement programs to achieve business objectives. You will have responsibility to collaborate with Sourcing Excellence for process and system standardization.
- Participate in the establishment of strategic and operating plans, budgets, goals and priorities and in formulation of strategies, organizational policies and operating procedures related to supplier spend
- Support MITG/MDT cross functional teams in developing sourcing strategies/programs for materials where standardization/aggregation will yield significant savings or process improvement.
- Act as key functional sourcing person which will have responsibility for establishing and deploying Sourcing Excellence best practices while aligning with key business unit initiatives.
- Drive industry best practices and provide leadership to implement continuous improvement within the supply chain.
- Act as key functional sourcing person for driving strategic sourcing strategies, initiatives, supply assurance, risk mitigation, sourcing continuous improvement and productivity improvement programs across the respective manufacturing facilities.
- Participate in Strategic Supplier Reviews to drive value improvement opportunities across the organization
- Implement formal risk mitigation strategies to protect the revenue stream of the business.
- Conduct regular reviews of sourcing programs and ensure best practices are implemented throughout respective manufacturing facilities.
- Act as key functional sourcing person for respective manufacturing which will have responsibility for Supply Management, Supply Base Performance and Metrics.
- Proven track record of building credible, reliable, customer focused sources of supply.
- Views teamwork and cross functional partnership as a primary means to achieve objectives.
- Knowledge of FDA regulated industries and p revious experience in a medical device industry
- Project Management, Lean, Six-Sigma Methodologies
- CPIM, CPSM, or C.P.M. Certification
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative/integrative style of working to accomplish objective.
- Analytical skills to identify and drive complex material savings and risk reduction projects
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and a bias for action.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with detailed cost models and financial analysis
- Possesses a decisive goal oriented and priority focus approach.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of Purchasing, Sourcing, or Supply Chain Management in manufacturing operations, engineering or other relevant area. Demonstrated track record of effectively influencing and negotiating with all levels of an organization and leading effective/successful change initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with contract manufactures, OEMs and component suppliers
- Previous experience managing a supply base supporting large capital equipment
- Bachelors degree required
- BS/BA Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, or Engineering
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Supply Chain
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A