- In this exciting role as a Prin. Product Support Engineer, you will have responsibility to develop and implement service processes for Cardiac Ablation Solutions (CAS) multi-product electrophysiology solutions. The right candidate will possess a mix of technical, leadership, and project management skills in the support of service and repair strategies for CAS capital equipment portfolio. The candidate must be driven to succeed and willing to invest the time necessary to strategize and development of a world class service organization where service is a competitive advantage for our business.
- Cardiac Ablation Solutions provides a broad suite of electrophysiology solutions intended to disrupt and lead the market in cardiac mapping and ablation technologies for arrhythmia management. These clinical and economical solutions will enable clinicians to treat patients with safer, faster, easier and with more predictable procedure times and outcomes.
- Strategize and design process, documentation, tools, equipment, and materials to launch alongside capital equipment to the global field service organization to allow them to accomplish their work effectively and efficiently.
- Strategize and create procedures, quality documents, service manuals, or other documentation required for field and technical services teams.
- Drive best-in-class customer uptime and service effectiveness including communication with Medtronic field service and depots worldwide that service CAS capital equipment.
Judgment – Lead service workstreams to meet goals, applying course corrections as needed to retire risk
- Finding solutions – Drive complex system development to meet requirements including design for service, supply and service marketing for capital equipment.
- Acknowledging reality – Employ strong Risk Control Measures, work with other functions, manage constraints of resources, police Contract scope and display crisp decision-making.
- Systems mindset – proactively collaborates with experienced electrical, software, systems and human factors engineers to develop fully integrated designs and service solutions.
- Global mindset – collaborates effectively with global partners. Understands different markets and service-related needs.
- Works to effectively implement solutions that are transferrable to global user needs.
- Proven communication skills and ability to lead within a multi-functional team environment
- Minimum 10 years of engineering experience with at least 5 years in project management or lead engineering roles within a medical device field
- Track record of electromechanical product design and development and high-volume assemblies with sensitivity to cost
- Development of test methods and procedures ideally in service.
- Core Team or Product Development Process experience with a track record of successful product launches in the medical device industry
- Ability to concurrently own individual work and manage a small sub-team of engineers
- Knowledge of Design for Reliability (DfR), Design for Reliability and Manufacturability (DRM), Design for Serviceability,
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with a Masters Degree
- 7+ years of experience with a Bachelors Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Design for Lean Sigma (DFLS) and/or robust design practices
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: St. Paul, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A