- The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with technical accounting and reporting experience enhanced by strong organizational and facilitation skills. To be successful, you must work well in a matrixed environment, build and nurture business partnering relationships with key stakeholders, and be able to communicate clearly and collaborate deeply across the entire organization.
- This position will provide the ability to influence and partner with a multitude of organizations and levels (including senior level executives) within Global Finance, Investor Relations, Legal, Public Relations, Treasury, Tax, Compensation & Benefits, and Medtronic’s portfolios, operating units, and regions.
- Actively participate in advising business partners on complex technical accounting, reporting, and disclosure matters, including researching the relevant guidance to provide the appropriate interpretation of the guidance.
- Help manage the External Reporting Team’s preparation of and perform detailed financial review of the annual 10-K and quarterly 10-Q filings including financial statements, MD&A, footnote disclosures, and supporting schedules, to ensure compliance with SEC reporting requirements. Help manage annual Irish Statutory Accounts reporting requirements.
- Ensure high quality of work is achieved while meeting necessary deadlines.
- Manage various Special Projects for Finance Global Management. Special Projects may include a multitude of analysis, reporting, benchmarking, and ad hoc requests that require the ability to obtain necessary information from internal and external sources and prepare and present comprehensive, cohesive, and understandable presentations.
- Actively participate in the monitoring, development, training, and implementation guidance to portfolios/areas/functional business partners on proper application of U.S. GAAP reporting and disclosure matters.
- Assist with preparations for, and present during Disclosure Committee meeting and quarterly financial statement review with CFO, Global Controller, and Assistant Controller of Accounting and Policy.
- Help manage the establishment of daily/weekly task visualization prioritization and team effectiveness necessary to ensure successful development and execution of external reporting initiatives. Use influence, knowledge, and experience to drive problem solving and issue resolution. Help manage workpaper review.
- Strong ability to translate complex technical guidance and effectively document and operationally implement it within an organization
- Must have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to work effectively and influence key decision makers, including senior level executives
- Skillful in formulating strategies, tactics, and action plans to achieve high quality results
- Proactively partner with a variety of business, functional, and geographic areas to lead financial support and identify appropriate opportunities, risks, and challenges to address
- Sound understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP) with strong desire to research relevant
- GAAP and SEC reporting literature
- Interest in learning and becoming knowledgeable in preparation of annual Irish Statutory Accounts (Directors’ Report,
- Consolidated Financial Statements, and Entity Financial Statements of TopCo Parent)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with, or knowledge of preparation of statement of cash flows, and cash flow classification principles
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of work experience in Finance/and or Accounting (Or Advanced Degree with 3+ years)
- Big 4 experience and/or SEC external reporting experience
- 5-6 years of business experience with emphasis in accounting or finance including 5-6 years of public accounting/SEC Reporting experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Project Management
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A