Website University of California San Diego
Under general direction of the Nurse Manager, performs a variety of work duties which requires specific knowledge and training in patient care, environmental care functions, equipment/supply management and cleaning/disinfecting the environment. Requires knowledge of medical terminology, universal precautions, and proper use of body mechanics.
This position requires the ability to assist with procedures, ensure appropriate instrument management and room turnover. This position also requires knowledge of supply ordering. This position requires initiative, the ability to prioritize demands and the ability to work in a team environment. These duties also include but are not limited to: working with clinical team to optimize clinic and procedure workflow; managing instruments at point of use and for transport to SPD;; environmental care functions; equipment/supply management; and cleaning/disinfecting the environment.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Requires knowledge of medical terminology, online scheduling, universal precautions, and proper use of body mechanics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Requires initiative, the ability to prioritize demands and the ability to work in a team environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) OR Certificate of completion of a Medical Assistant training program.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A