Website University of California San Diego
Under direct supervision of the clinic manager and the general supervision of the clinic providers and licensed nursing staff, performs work which requires specific knowledge and training in patient care duties within the business and professions code of the State of California and/or the regulations of The Joint Commission (TJC).
These duties also include but are not limited to: scheduling of patient appointments and associated patient system screens; accurate billing; environmental care functions; equipment/supply management; and cleaning/disinfecting the environment. Requires knowledge of medical terminology, online scheduling, universal precautions, and proper use of body mechanics.
Position requires initiative, the ability to prioritize demands and the ability to work in a team environment. Other related duties as assigned.
Due to our exciting Community Care clinic growth, position will float to North County as well as additional clinics throughout San Diego. Must be willing to travel.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical terminology.
Qualification & Experience:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) OR Certificate of completion of a Medical Assistant training program.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A