Website Duke Energy
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
- Storing materials, performing and reporting operations such as: moving materials from staging and holding areas to assigned bins, racks and storage areas; stacking or arranging for rotation, efficient use of space and safety; handling materials designated hazardous by nature of toxicity, containment or flammability; packaging, covering or otherwise protecting materials as directed, and relocating or replenishing stock to picking locations, marking associated documents. Counting and measuring materials as directed.
- Being responsible for transfer of control of materials issued, returned, credited or transferred from/to the Storeroom premises from/to other authorized Company personnel.
- Assisting in receiving activities, performing operations such as checking proper addresses on carrier’s delivery documents, guiding vehicles to proper unloading areas, chocking wheels, opening doors, removing gates, operating dock boards and levelers, removing restraining devices, unloading, staging, opening package units, making casual inspections, unpacking, counting, measuring, sorting, verifying and similar minor operations not specified for other classifications.
- Using manual and powered equipment in maintaining the salvage area and storeroom in clean and orderly condition, including sweeping, washing, scrubbing, dusting, collecting refuse and similar operations; mowing grass and weeds, performing miscellaneous yard duties.
- Issuing and releasing stock materials performing operations such as: verifying validity of requisition, moving materials from assigned locations as directed by the supervisor or in accordance with requests of authorized documents; verifying accuracy of storage locations with indexes; entering correct stock and check numbers, units, locations and quantities and numbering authorized documents, accumulating and packaging for efficient, safe, protected handling; marking and arranging for accurate identification; assisting in construction of special crates, boxes and containers for shipment; preparing backorder documents when required.
- Operating equipment such as carts, simple hoists and cranes, levelers, lifts and trucks not specified for higher classifications. Performing routine inspection of, driving and operating industrial trucks, cars and single component trucks in stores areas, and over private and public roadways, transporting and placing materials as directed.
- Using manual hand tools to perform simple electrical, mechanical, plumbing and painting duties as required to rearrange or maintain stores and salvage facilities and equipment; assisting in the operation and maintenance of salvage machinery.
- Performing minor office duties as specifically directed by supervisor, such as operating copying machine, handling mail, filing and recording information.
- Developing a thorough familiarity with the contents of the procedures, work manual and all Company and Department safety rules for this classification.
- Salvaging gas and electric materials and equipment for reuse or sale, including identifying and sorting wire, insulators, reels, drums, hardware, tools, fittings, pipe and other items returned to the salvage areas; operating equipment such as stripper, shears, and cleaning wheels used in routine scrap processing.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be thoroughly trustworthy including matters pertaining to confidential information.
- Must have the necessary valid local driver’s license, as required, and pass, within the first six (6) months of employment, the Company’s qualifications to operate highway and industrial trucks used by the Materials Management Department.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to follow training and instructions pertaining to the Company’s rules of safety, security and performance of the Materials Specialist “C” duties.
- Must have aptitude for clerical work and possess some mechanical ability to be able to use simple hand and power tools.
- Must have one (1) year’s work experience, and must have physical stamina to manually handle stores and salvage materials on a daily basis.
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A