Website Dollar General
The MARKETING MANAGER- Local Stores will develop and execute key marketing programs that support current ad campaign and Dollar General’s (DG) brand identity, while aligning with company sales initiatives. Under the guidance of a Director, they will plan processes by partnering with all functions of the marketing team, as well as, appropriate company disciplines, agency partners and vendors to ensure the most efficient and effective programs.
- Assist in the design of processes in building 360° programs to include the Strategy Plan and Creative Brief for each designated retail marketing program (i.e. seasonal, holiday, special launches, key events, sales driving initiatives, local store marketing programs, etc.) through cross-functional collaboration (appropriate marketing stakeholders, company disciplines key leads, agency partners, etc.).
- Manage the planning process timelines, compilation of the calendar details, necessary communication documents and select executional tactics.
- Stay current on the marketing landscape, trends, best practices and competitor strategies to incorporate as necessary into program objectives.
- Partner with DG Research team and leverage data to identify meaningful insights on how to reach/target customers, ensure marketing programs’ communication tactics align with DG customers’ needs and wants, incorporates market dynamics, etc.
- Drive compliance of DG brand identity, style guide usage, etc. by DG’s product/service providers through support of processes and continued tools enhancements.
- Design and develop scalable guerilla marketing programs to support key local store marketing programs
- Build ongoing enhanced on-site vendor amplification programs to support local store events
- Proficient in tactical and strategic knowledge and skills in planning effective interactive marketing campaigns
- Proficient in strategy and execution of retail promotional marketing campaigns and activation programs
- Understanding of CPG (consumer packaged goods) companies and general aspects of shopper marketing
- Understand and apply tactical and strategic knowledge of advertising and production to create and execute of effective, targeted communications
- Ability to see long-term trends and relate current strategy to shape direction
- Ability to make quick, logical decisions, often under pressure
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written; computer literate
- Ability to meet multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Ability to manage and grow relationships with third party agencies and service providers to deliver excellent work with savings to the company
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and collaboration with partners
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 5+ years relevant marketing experience (retail environment a plus)
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Goodlettsville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A