With direction from the VP of Brand Creative, the Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing the brand creative/business plan for two seasons of the year; one season is in execution and another season is simultaneously in planning and development. The two seasons are either BTS/Fall & Spring or Summer & Holiday. This process starts with seasonal hindsight and the design and marketing concept presentation. Creative and business goals are established and the Marketing Manager builds a plan to achieve these goals. The Marketing Manager then coordinates, partners with, and manages external partners, marketing team members, cross-functional partners (including stores, planning, merchandising, production and design) and manages timetables to achieve results. This role will also manage special marketing projects. The Marketing Manager will use their in-depth knowledge of specialty retail creative functions to manage and improve processes.
- Implement, manage and maintain efficient traffic and workflow systems in order to ensure timely delivery of all projects from inception to release for production.
- Manage special marketing projects
- Manage consistent execution of brand standards across all brand touch points
- Manage and optimize Digital Asset Management Platform
- Develop in-depth knowledge of internal and external processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and manage project plans, schedules and timelines; manage calendar and deliverables on a weekly basis. Act as central project coordinator for cross-functional teams focused on delivering seasonal floor set, web set and customer experience.
- Create seasonal marketing creative and business plans
- Operate as day-to-date contact for project plans, schedules and deliverables. Act as liaison between marketing team, merchandising, design, planning, other internal partners and external
- partners to process marketing creative projects. Maintain creative services briefs and calendars (market dates, trade shows, photo shoots, sponsorships and events)
- Track progress and proactively identify and escalate tasks or projects that are at risk of missing deadlines; anticipate issues, and work with stakeholders to problem solve or revise timetable to ensure success. Create and disseminate seasonal hindsight recaps
- Highly organized and driven self-starter; ability to manage multiple projects with different timelines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Culturally aware and specifically aware of current global youth culture trends
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated design sensibility
- Knowledge of, and experience in one or more specialty retail marketing functions. Demonstrates clear understanding of the creative space (digital, web, print, social media, packaging) and the activities needed to complete projects within those functions along with daily tasks
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with a track record of successfully working with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent communication
- Retail math proficiency
- Resourceful, creative thinker and problem solver who thrives in a fast paced environment with quick turnaround times and timelines
- 3+ years’ project scheduling and coordination experience in a specialty retail creative marketing organization (creative agency or in-house creative team)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, New York
Application Deadline: N/A