Website Xcel Energy
The Cloud Engineer is focused on automating the deployment of cloud infrastructure and services to support application development and hosting, architecting, engineering, deploying and operationally managing the underlying logical and physical cloud computing infrastructure. Must be an expert in infrastructure as code and be able to configure and operate public cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP). High availability engineering experience and ability to navigate open source tools and scripting languages. Must be a high energy individual who inspires their team mates to reach their potential. We’re ideally looking for someone that has a combination of familiarity with various Terraform branching strategies, experience with Git, recent AWS experience, and/ or knowledge of managing AWS ec2 environments with Ansible.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Continuously stay current on, and apply, technical industry knowledge pertaining to the respective domain.
- Relationship Management: Conduct peer reviews and approve system changes and technical solution design. Coach and mentor less experience team members. Partner cross-organizationally to drive minimal costs on optimal solutions. Provide in-depth technical information to stakeholders as needed.
- Operations: Review solution performance, and continually assess health of systems. Track and drive awareness to operational and technical debt risks. Provide escalated support to incident and problem management. Utilize analytics to improve availability, reliability, efficiency and capacity. Oversee vendor activities.
- Solution Delivery: Lead and support solution lifecycle technical activities. Ensure solutions are designed for great user experience and operational performance. Lead design, ensuring Enterprise Architecture, Security, Operations and Compliance aspects are continuously integrated into solutions. Provide input to cost and schedule estimation. Responsible for overall integrity of system design and operation. Oversee vendor activities.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Familiarity with various infrastructure pipelines
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
- Deep Subject Matter Expertise within the respective system domain products, platforms, processes and architecture.
- Familiarity with various Terraform branching strategies
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge and intermediate experience with Git
- Experience managing the lifecycle of technical solutions.
- Broad general knowledge of technology architecture, infrastructure, network, security and software principles and models.
- Recent AWS experience with new services and automating those services with Terraform
- Seven years of related functional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A