Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Every year, Amgen is included on numerous best employers’ lists worldwide, as we understand that our success rests on attracting and retaining the best talent.
Our European Hub based in Rotkreuz, Switzerland is comprised of highly qualified professionals from a variety of cultural backgrounds, whose efforts are primarily centered on marketing our products in the region.
Would you like to make an impact?
We are currently seeking a Market Access Manager (80-100%) for our Value, Access & Policy team in our Swiss Affiliate, based in Rotkreuz, Switzerland. The successful candidate will mainly focus on developing and executing an integrated national value, access and policy/advocacy/government affairs strategy in collaboration with head VA&P, contribute to cross-functional brand strategies and planning and anticipate changing payer landscapes across the region.
- Develop and lead local pricing and access strategy and negotiations with Swiss Authorities to gain/maintain reimbursement for Amgen’s cardiovascular, osteoporosis and nephrology pipeline & inline product portfolio in Switzerland.
- Understand key policy issues that impact Amgen’s business in the country and support to inform Amgen policy positions to shape the policy landscape.
- Support Public Policy efforts in Switzerland related to product pricing, access, and reimbursement.
- Support Head VA&P to ensure close partnership with designated Amgen Policy & Government Affairs leaders on business-critical policy and advocacy issues.
- Support Head VA&P to ensure close partnership with designated Amgen Global Health Economics (GHE) and Global Pricing & Payer Planning (GP3) partners to ensure that global plans incorporate appropriate planning assumptions and evidence strategies to prepare to commercialize pipeline products successfully in the region.
- Building and maintaining a deep understanding of payers, including emerging trends that can impact access for Amgen products. Support Head VA&P in collaboration with global and regional Amgen partners to conduct annual reimbursement situational analyses to inform access strategies and planning assumptions for region.
- Support Head VA&P in planning and budgeting
- Academic education (MD/MBA or PhD in Economics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research) or equivalent
- >2 years experience in a leading pharmaceutical/biotechnology company or related consultancy or within government or HTA body
- Fluency in oral and written English and German
- Long experience in communicating complex HE issues to non-experts
Qualification & Experience:
- Exceptional modeling, numeric and analytical skills
- Very strong communication and representation skills
- Established local HE/HTA network
- Good verbal communication skills in French (Preferred)
- Experience in Swiss healthcare environment (Preferred)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rotkreuz, CH
Application Deadline: N/A