With more than 700 Sales professionals in offices around the world, our Global Sales Team ensures our owners and operators receive the combined benefits of scale, access, competence, and experience. Our Sales teams are fully engaged in providing a differentiated selling platform for our portfolio of brands. We are focused on being the most global, integrated, and relevant salesforce in the industry, relentlessly driven to grow market share. Our global sales team is consistently recognized as a top selling and customer-service focused organization throughout the industry. We conduct business in 42 languages serving 25,000 customers in 101 countries from offices located around the globe. This ensures that the team truly understands the unique needs and opportunities of regions around the world, right down to the local level.
What will I be doing?
In this role, you will lead training, development, and motivation of the sales team, and will be responsible for revenue generation within International Sales.
- Ensure optimal performance and mentor your team to successful achievement of key goals, measures, and qualifications of each account.
- Collaborate with other HWS Sales leaders on key performance initiatives and overall HWS priorities.
- Build strategic plans and a sales vision. This entails driving topline growth on behalf of key partners (Customers, Hotels, Owners, Brands, Commercial Colleagues).
- Drive performance with the team. Crafting and implementing long-term goals that become the basis for short-term goals and annual operational planning.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with key accounts.
- Determine (at minimum) the number of events, total revenue potential, booking patterns and histories, decision-making factors, business, event and personal needs, resources and competition.
- Champion a collective mentoring culture. This includes leading by example and holding oneself and other leaders accountable for active performance coaching to drive performance and growth of Team Members.
- Directly lead the Canadian and US International Specialist team members within Hilton Worldwide Sales, Americas. You will get results by promoting Hilton standard procedures, crafting customized solutions, and ensuring our teams are accessible, responsive and consultative to all key partners.
- Identify business opportunities from assigned vertical segments and directing accordingly.
- Provide direct support to the Executive Director, International Sales and Industry Relations in leading the team.
- Lead departmental budgets, as assigned.
- Ensure consistent maintenance of sales information records, including account plans, profiles, activities and reports, events, histories, traces, and information pages.
- Document sales activity through lead and opportunity management and call reports.
- Best-in-class sales leader, who excels and is passionate about leading high performing sales teams by developing a coaching culture and delivering performance excellence
- Problem solver, who can resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity. This includes demonstrating an aptitude for effectively addressing any issue in collaboration with others.
- Highly articulate with strong social communication skills
- The ability to craft solutions in difficult situations
- Knowledge of the International community in regards to key locations, destinations, etc.
- Champions an encouraging team environment
- Ability to lead a team by setting the vision, removing roadblocks and mentoring to success
Qualification & Experience:
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Three (3) years leading and coaching sales teams
- Experience building diverse, high-performing teams
- Three (3) years working in a collaborative and/or matrixed environment
- Five (5) years presenting sales plans, presentations, etc., to senior level executives and constituent groups
- Five (5) years developing and implementing strategic sales plans
- Five (5) years evaluating and identifying potential business for hotels
- Seven (7) years selling within the Group and/or Business Travel Sales (BTS) market
- Experience with leading a remote sales team
- Experience with active change management involving talent, process and systems changes
- Relevant sales experience could be a combination of business-to-business, business-to-consumer, or business-to-business-to-consumer
- Exposure to franchise businesses
- Worked with sizeable revenue ($1B+), diverse customers, and dynamic channels throughout the US
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McLean, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A