We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help build our new in-store mobile platform reporting to the Director, Stores. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the foundations of new feature development to support colleague mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in mobile design, development, and architecture. The Engineering Manager collaborates with various levels of stakeholders (Sr. Leadership, each department’s management, project teams, Infrastructure and Field Services leaders, and enterprise architects) on architecture, requirements, and implementation of engineering components; Possess a combination of systems and technology experience along with strong thought leadership to make the right and balanced technical decisions that deliver key enabling features to support major initiatives across the domain; Evangelize the use of standards and governance in engineering; Build and lead high performing architecture and engineering teams to deliver and support sales and operations functions at speed and scale; Drive innovation in both technology and process; Inspires the teams to achieve outstanding results in a fast paced environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization.
- Architect and build scalable processes along with foundational components for our application solutions.
- Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools.
- Work with other technical teams to ensure technical strategies, architecture guidelines and standards are realized by efficient collaboration with architecture, development, DevOps and other teams.
- Plan and lead technology evaluation for various critical areas working closely with cross functional teams.
- Manage geographically distributed engineering scrum-teams using agile development and DevOps best practices.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives.
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way.
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to ensure engineering execution meets business needs and is delivered in consistent and predictable manner.
- Collaborate with and empower development to move quickly while keeping the business safe and stable.
- Develop KPIs that provide in-depth visibility into system health.
- Partner with Security team to implement monitoring and compliance with appropriate security standards.
- Communicate latest release features to the enterprise through case studies, standards and best practice publications, presentations, newsletters, and town hall meetings.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of new tools to release engineering.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to iterate quickly in an agile development process.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure environment.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on technical expertise leading teams who provide mobile solutions.
- Must also have broad and deep technical understanding of the technologies in this field, including but not limited to
- Java and related technologies and frameworks including Spring Boot, React and NodeJS.
- Modern API platform design.
- Modern application architectures.
- Modern security practices.
- Experience working with cloud service providers (preferably GCP).
- Strong data management principles, around data architecture, modeling/design, data quality, security, data organization and operations.
- Experience creating build and deployment pipelines for mobile platforms.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johns Creek, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A